Monday, November 13, 2006

What about NYC?

I never updated about my trip, so long ago now, to New York! First and foremost, I got to spend time with my wonderful grandmother! In my whole life, it's never been just the two of us together. There have always been other family around, even if it was just my grandfather. She is 96 years old now. She is very dear to me and it was important to spend those days with her. By night I'd work until 4 am on Cherry Cherry Lemon with Keri via internet. We were working our asses off to make a deadline for a Sundance submission. Charles Mudede was kind enough to recommend me - I instantly thought of CCL. Keri was excited and the sudden deadline lit the fire under something that had taken a back seat for a while (lit a fire in the back seat? Mixing my metaphors!). We worked so hard, and, although it is a first draft, no doubt about it, I was very pleased with the outcome. I knew it wouldn't be a cake walk, but I think we got something good going. Tonight Keri, Bret and I met for the first time and had some fun. We had dinner, saw THE QUEEN, and then went for desert. 5 hours passed in a blink of an eye. I love hanging out with smart, funny people. It felt like all we did was laugh.

More about the second part of my trip soon!

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger David Lee Ingersoll said...

Y'know, if I hold my breath any longer I'm probably going to turn blue.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Violetfilms said...

SO SORRY! I've been horribly neglectful! And there's good news to share too! LRRH is going INTERNATIONAL! Vancouver Feb. '07. I swear I will up date soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home